Kim, Seong Kyun (김성균)
Chemistry Materials Science
● Homogeneous/Heterogeneous Catalysis
● Polymer Engineering
● Biomass Materials
ACADEMIC & CAREER EXPERIENCE
Ph.D., Department of Chemistry, KAIST, KOREA
Assistant & Associate Professor, Undergraduate studies, DGIST
Senior Researcher, SK Innovation
Senior Researcher, SamsungCheil industries
Postdoctoral Researcher at UCLA
Postdoctoral Researcher at KAIST
- Homogeneous/Hetereogeneous Catalysis
- Development of catalysts for polymer hydrogenolysis and upcycling
- Application of Cellulose/Lignin Biomass, Waste paper upcycling
- Functional Polymers
- Biomass/biodegradable Polymers, Engineering Plastics
SK Kim, S-H Paik, “Hands-On Experiment to Verify Consistency from Bulk Density to Atomic and Ionic Radii with Lumps of Metals and Ionic Compounds”, J. Chem. Educ. 2019, 96, 2271-2278.
“Cyclopenta[b]fluorenyl transition metal compound, catalyst composition containing the same, and method of preparing ethylene homopolymer or copolymer of ethylene and α-olefin using the same”, US Patent 9,120,884. 2015.
MH Lee, MH Park, WY Sung, SK Kim, A Son, Y Do, “A biphenylene-bridged dinuclear constrained geometry titanium complex for ethylene and ethylene/1-octene polymerizations”, J. Organomet. Chem. 2012, 696, 4315-4320.